“I did not leak those images. My laptop, hard disk, pen drive etc., were stolen last week. I was travelling and was in south India, hence could not register an FIR immediately. The images found their way into the public domain as rumours of my involvement and possible casting for Dabaang 3 had already started doing the rounds. I request the media to set right the facts and undo the injustice done to me and the harm caused to me and my reputation in the last two days,” said NRI actress and model Pearl Raah.
Her reactions came in after a section of the media accused her of purposely leaking her own images for self publicity and claiming to have stated that she is close to Salman Khan, the furious London-born 21-year-old actress hit out hard to defend her name and reputation. Legal advisers acting on behalf of the actress along with the actress herself registered two FIRs at two different police stations in Mumbai late on Monday evening.
The first FIR for theft of a mobile phone was registered by Raah at the Oshiwara police station in suburban Mumbai, while the second FIR for theft of her laptop, hard disk and other digital equipment was registered at the Versova police station also in suburban Mumbai.
The actress personally visited the Oshiwara Police Station on Monday evening and Versova Police station on Tuesday early morning to make sure the police took prompt action. She is scheduled to meet the Mumbai police commissioner and the Addl Commissioner of Police (Western Region) on Tuesday to request them to take stringent action against the culprits.
Police sources said the Versova Police registered an FIR u/s 379 (CR No 136/2016) for theft of Raah personal belongings including a laptop, hard disk, pen drives and some clothes, while the Oshiwara Police Station registered an FIR No 198 u/s 379 for theft of a mobile phone.
Following the registration of the FIRs Pearl Raah issued a short press statement in Mumbai as follows:
“I am saddened, disappointed and disheartened that the media in India, including some established media houses have published certain news items, snippets and videos about me or concerning me, without even bothering to counter check or ask for my feedback. It is appalling that news and images in India can go viral without a single comment from the aggrieved person.
The media has forgotten that I am only 18 years old and I am just starting my career. Nobody bothered to contact me or ask me for my version. This is a very very sad state of affairs with the Indian media. i never leaked my own personal images. However, nobody bothered to ask me even once how these images came out into the public domain. They just went by an unsubstantiated report and release sent by a PR agency and a website IndiaNewsNetwork.IN.
The images were published first on IndiaNewsNetwork.IN and the media should blame them for publishing material without my consent. My lawyers are looking into the matter and will sue all the concerned websites who have maliciously alleged that it was I who leaked my personal and private images. I want to make one thing clear – I DID NOT leak those images. My laptop, hard disk, pen drive etc., were stolen last week. I was travelling and was in south India, hence could not register an FIR immediately. The images found their way into the public domain as rumours of my involvement and possible casting for Dabaang 3 had already started doing the rounds. I request the media to set right the facts and undo the injustice done to me and the harm caused to me and my reputation in the last two days.”
Meanwhile Pearl Raah’s lawyers have threatened to sue all the news outlets, websites and portals for publishing one-sided and defamatory “news items” without bothering to obtain any sort of clarification or comment from the actor.