As the new generation of the MINI Countryman sees its premiere, the tradition-steeped British brand continues its advance into the premium compact segment. The new MINI Countryman is the biggest and most versatile model in the brand’s 57-year history. Having been completely newly developed, it now reflects considerable advancements in the areas of space, functionality, athletic flair and premium characteristics.
The new MINI Countryman (combined fuel consumption: 7.0 – 2.1 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 159 – 49 g/km) achieves its unique standing among direct competitors due to its powerfully expressive design, efficiently shaped bodywork and in particular its unmatched driving agility. The latest version of the all-wheel drive system ALL4 ensures driving fun beyond paved roads, too. What is more, the new MINI Countryman is the first model of the brand to be available with a plug-in hybrid drive. In the form of the MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 it has a range of up to 40 kilometres running on electrical power alone.
The new MINI Countryman – an overview of the innovations.
– Powerful proportions, 20 centimetres longer than its predecessor.
– Five fully-fledged seats, clear increase in space and versatility.
– Electrical tailgate control as well as touchless opening and closing of the tailgate.
– MINI Picnic Bench: fold-out load loading sill cushion as a comfortable seat on the luggage compartment lid and for general outdoor use.
– MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4: the first ever MINI with plug-in hybrid drive.
– New generation of engines and gearboxes, efficiency-optimised all-wheel drive system ALL4.
– Central instrument with touchscreen function for the first time.
– MINI Country Timer measures driving fun over demanding terrain.
– MINI Connected App as a personal assistant on a day-to-day basis and when travelling.
– MINI Find Mate: everything you need on board at all times – or in view.
Market launch with four engines.
The new edition of the MINI Countryman lines up for the start featuring entirely newly developed engine technology. For the market launch there are two petrol and two diesel engines of the latest generation available to choose from, each with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology:
MINI Cooper Countryman: 3-cylinder petrol engine, capacity: 1 499 cc,
output: 100 kW/136 hp, max. torque: 220 Nm.
MINI Cooper S Countryman: 4-cylinder petrol engine, capacity: 1 998 cc,
output: 141 kW/192 hp, max. torque: 280 Nm.
MINI Cooper D Countryman: 4-cylinder diesel engine, capacity: 1 995 cc,
output: 110 kW/150 hp, max. torque: 330 Nm.
MINI Cooper SD Countryman: 4-cylinder diesel engine, capacity: 1 995 cc, output: 140 kW/190 hp, max. torque: 400 Nm.
The range also includes the first ever MINI with plug-in hybrid drive:
MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4: 3-cylinder petrol engine, capacity: 1 499 cc, output: 100 kW/136 hp, synchronous electric motor, output: 65 kW/88 hp, system output: 165 kW/224 hp, system torque: 385 Nm.