The Sohn Conference Foundation announced the inaugural Sohn India Investment Conference, to be held on June 3, 2016 at Taj Land’s End in Mumbai, expanding the global footprint of the world-renowned conferences. The Sohn India Conference will convene top investors from India and around the world for a day of fresh market insights while raising critical funds to support cutting-edge pediatric cancer care in India.
“As home to the largest number of listed public equities in the world, India stood out as an ideal location to continue the Sohn Investment Conference’s international expansion,” said Doug Hirsch, Co-Chair of the Sohn Conference Foundation. “India’s considerable market potential and open-ended growth lends itself well to uncovering compelling investment ideas, and we look forward to welcoming the best and brightest investors onto the Sohn India stage to share their insights, all to benefit children with cancer in India.”
The annual Sohn Investment Conference in New York City is recognized globally as the original and premier investment event, rallying the global financial community to benefit the Sohn Conference Foundation’s efforts to fight childhood cancer. Since its inception in 1995, the Foundation has raised $70 million to treat and cure pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases, while expanding the worldwide presence of its conferences to Canada, Hong Kong, London, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and now India.
“We are thrilled to welcome the world-renowned Sohn Investment Conference to India,” said Nitin Saigal of Kora Management and Co-Chair of Sohn India. “This inaugural Sohn India Conference in Mumbai brings together the investment community in India, along with the broader global investment community, in support of the Foundation’s mission to treat and cure pediatric cancer across the globe.”
The speaker lineup for the Sohn India Investment Conference includes:
• Raamdeo Agrawal, Joint Managing Director, Motilal Oswal Financial Services
• Kenneth Andrade, Former Head of Investments, IDFC Asset Management
• Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Founder, Rare Enterprises
• S. Naganath, Chief Investment Officer, DSP Blackrock Investment Managers
• Sankaran Naren, Chief Investment Officer, ICICI Prudential Asset Management
• Akash Prakash, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Amansa Capital
• Shiv Puri, Founder and Managing Director, TVF Capital Advisors
• Shankar Sharma, Founder and Head of Global Strategy, First Global
• Rukhshad Shroff, Portfolio Manager and India Country Specialist, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
• Sunil Singhania, CIO Equity Investments, Reliance Mutual Fund