The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced the ICC ODI Team of the Year. Former Test stalwarts Rahul Dravid, Gary Kirsten and Kumar Sangakkara selected the sides based on players’ performances in the period from 14 September 2015 to 20 September 2016.
It has been a case of third time lucky for Virat Kohli who has been named as captain of the ICC ODI Team of the Year, which includes three Australians, Indians, South Africans each, and one each from England and West Indies. De Villiers has been selected for the sixth time since 2010, while Starc has been picked up for the third time in four years.
— ICC (@ICC) December 22, 2016
ICC ODI Team of the Year 2016 (in batting order) is:
1. David Warner (Australia)
2. Quinton de Kock (South Africa) (wicketkeeper)
3. Rohit Sharma (India)
4. Virat Kohli (India) (captain)
5. AB de Villiers (South Africa)
6. Jos Buttler (England)
7. Mitchell Marsh (Australia)
8. Ravindra Jadeja (India)
9. Mitchell Starc (Australia)
10. Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)
11. Sunil Narine (West Indies)
12. Imran Tahir (South Africa)