As many as 81% of polled aspiring home buyers acknowledge Indian real estate’s improved and improving transparency, discipline and accountability post implementation of regulatory policies, reveals ANAROCK Property Consultants’ ‘Real Estate Consumer Outlook: H2 2018’. According to it…
- 39% prefer to invest in housing priced below Rs 40 Lakh
- 68% seek property for end-use; 52% favour compact 2BHKs
- 51% of investors focused on rental returns
Commenting on the survey, Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants says, “With the now discernible impact of RERA, DeMo and GST, housing sales are seeing an upward trajectory in 2018 q-o-q. New launches have also gone up this year with affordable housing witnessing significant growth. NRIs see India’s rebooted real estate market environment conducive enough to justify property investments, especially on the back of the depreciating rupee.”
- Nearly 69% prospective buyers are looking to buy property for end-use
- 84% are looking for homes which are either ready-to-move-in or slated to complete in the next 6 months. Ready-to-move-in properties are garnering maximum interest from buyers who prefer WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) assurance.
- Buyers continue to perceive risks associated with newly-launched projects in terms of delays and shady dealings by some developers
- 61% of property seekers are abandoning their prolonged wait-and-watch mode and are looking to buy a property within a year.
- As many as 24% will take the plunge and buy their property immediately, while 61% are looking to buy within the next one year.