9th June 2017 was a very special day in the history of the co-operative movement. On this day, a delegation from Buldana Urban Co-Operative Credit Society and Vishwakarma University entered into the memorandum of understanding to jointly lead and boost the cooperative sector movement for the benefit of rural and semi-urban population, the relatively lower strata of the society,the first of its kind and unique blend comprising of academia and cooperative sector organization. This centre was being developed for last several months.
The leadership team from Buldana Urban includes:
· Shirish Deshpande (Chief Executive Officer)
· Dhananjay Patil (Regional Manager, Pune)
The leadership team from Vishwakarma University includes:
· Bharat Agarwal (President)
· Dr Siddharth Jabade (Vice-Chancellor)
· Prof. (Dr.) Shailesh Kasande (Pro-Vice-Chancellor)
The center was inaugurated by Buldana Urban CEO Shirish Deshpande, Vishwakarma University President Bharat Agarwal along with Dhananjay Patil (Regional Manager, Buldana Urban, Pune), Prof. (Dr.) Siddharth Jabade (Vice-Chancellor) and Prof. (Dr.) Shailesh Kasande (Pro-Vice-Chancellor)
Says Buldana Urban CEO Shirish Deshpande“I appreciate the efforts of BRACT’s Trust and Vishwakarma Group’s social work and their contribution in the field of quality education and expect to work together under the banner of this Centre of Excellence for financial help, skill development and social reforms to stimulate the co-operative movement with one of its kind and unique model comprising of academia and cooperative sector organization for the benefit of rural and semi-urban population”
Says President Vishwakarma University Bharat Agarwal “We are proud and honoured to be associated with the first of its kind Centre of Excellence Related to Cooperative Sector Research, and Capacity Development in Collaboration with Buldana Urban Co-Operative Credit Society at Vishwakarma University, Pune.
The Trust and Vishwakarma Institutes have done tremendous work in last 35 years in the field of education, social welfare, and responsibility. I expect the centre to work for the development of the nation and of lower strata of the society”.
Says Vice Chancellor Vishwakarma University Prof. (Dr.) Siddharth Jabade “There is an immense need for such kind of unique collaborations for the development of the lower income group of the society from rural and semi-urban areas. This centre will encourage the use of new technology and design for increasing productivity and economic sustainability”.
That’s not all – also this is perhaps the first time in Pune that a cooperative sector organization-educational Institute will work together to find solutions to empower rural and semi-urban population for increasing productivity and economic sustainability.
The unique feature of this center is:
· Offer specialized diploma/degree programmes for co-operative sector related areas to empower and enhance employability of the rural and semi-urban population
· Arrange events, workshops and invited lectures for the people of all strata of the society to increase the productivity, skills, and abilities.
· Cater the needs of the society and to empower the small businesses and self-help groups for inclusive and sustainable development of the lower income groups and progress of the nation.