Who is The Best female player of 2016? Ten women have been shortlisted as candidates for The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016 by experts from the Committee for Women’s Football and the FIFA Women’s World Cup™.
The winner will be crowned at The Best FIFA Football Awards™ ceremony in Zurich on 9 January 2017.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Camille Abily (France/Olympique Lyonnais)
* Melanie Behringer (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
* Sara Däbritz (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
* Amandine Henry (France/Portland Thorns)
* Saki Kumagai (Japan/Olympique Lyonnais)
* Carli Lloyd (USA/Houston Dash)
* Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany/1. FFC Frankfurt/Olympique Lyonnais)
* Marta (Brazil/FC Rosengård)
* Lotta Schelin (Sweden/Olympique Lyonnais/ FC Rosengård)
* Christine Sinclair (Canada/Portland Thorns).
The winner of The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016 will be chosen through a combined voting process, in which 50% of the decision will be based on the choices of captains and head coaches from women’s national teams around the globe. The other 50% will be determined by an online public ballot and submissions from a selected group of over 200 media representatives around the world.
The ten candidates for The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2016 were announced on Tuesday and the ten shortlisted names for The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016 were revealed yesterday. The list of 23 finalists for The Best FIFA Men’s Player award will be published tomorrow, 4 November.
The voting process for The Best Player and The Best Coach, in both men and women’s football, starts tomorrow, 4 November, and is set to close on 22 November. On 2 December, the final three nominees for these categories – as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award and the new FIFA Fan Award – will be announced.
At a later stage, the 55 nominees for the FIFA FIFPro World11 will be released, and the winners in each category, including the FIFA Fair Play Award 2016, will be presented at The Best FIFA Football Awards show on 9 January 2017.